Friday, April 29, 2011

  1. An Old Woman From Hunan Photo by Hattie He (何珊珊He Shanshan)
Here I sit with my basket of wares.
There you are, Tourist, traveler adventurer seeker
I have things to sell.
You want memories to buy
Show people you were literally here

The essential story is the one of my life.
Look into my eyes and everything you will see
The memory is that you connect with me.
Slow down take a look my trinkets are cheap.
Sit here a while talk to me my life is full and rich.
With the map on my face to wondrous lands you can travel

I was a frolicking child a mere fortnight ago.
Now older in my years from this earth I will soon depart
The moment is now. I sit and I watch getting richer each day
Me preparing for my journey. You back home to yours
Slow down, buy a trinket, exchange a word, take a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment